1. Our Annual, and Recently Released, Young Artist List
No surprises here. The 30 young artists on our 2019 list have given us hope in the future.
2. Nine Young Curators Taking the Conversation to the Next Level
Lumi Tan is one of a handful of curators we sought out for the unique perspectives.
3. Solange Knowles and Toyin Ojih Odutola in Conversation at the Noguchi Museum
Two brilliant minds meet in a sanctuary of another. Awol Erizku took the photos. Enough said?
4. Kasseem Dean and Alicia Keys Invest in the Legacy of Gordon Parks
For our Summer cover, the music power couple shared their love for the late photography icon and their hopes for the next chapter.
5. The Who’s Who of Art’s Young Patrons Circle
Executive Editor Sara Roffino spoke to five influential, up-and-coming collectors about their habits and the one that got away.
6. Café Forgot Takes Tribeca and Instagram by Storm
Can a shop be a community center? We played dress up with Vita Haas and Lucy Weisner to find out.
7. Nick Cave Throws the Party of the Century at the Park Avenue Armory
The artist’s Soundsuits took on a life of their own in an installation meets musical for the ages. Jacoba Urist tuned in.
8. Virgil Abloh and Takashi Murakami Talk Shop
Name two more prevalent names in the pop atmosphere. The enigmatic artists ganged up for our September cover which focused on their collaborative output for Gagosian.
9. A Studio Visit with Chris Martin
What’s the secret to being a painter’s painter? We may never know, but our conversation with living legend Chris Martin this year certainly lent some illumination.
10. Real Talk with Leslie Hewitt
Artist Leslie Hewitt fuses archival images, photography and three-dimensional objects to create works that challenge the notion of history as a static truth. We spoke to her before her Carnegie International spotlight.